We get many calls from customers who after a flat battery find that there ford remote has stopped working , This can sometimes be a broken remote that needs replacing , but more often it just needs a resynch to the car , you do not need an auto locksmith for this as a simple manual procedure you can do yourself in seconds .
If this happens to you simply follow the following procedure ;
1) insert key into ignition
2) switch ignition on to position 2 then off to “0” 4 times within 6 seconds ending in off position , so on/off on/off . on/off , on/off
3) the dashboard should chime
4) press any button on the remote , the dash will chime again
5) turn ignition on and off once
Now test remote , it should be working fine again if not faulty .
Fot transit vans up to 2006 there is a different process , for transit up to 2006 follow this procedure ;
1) insert the key into the ignition
2) turn ignition on
3) now turn ignition off and on again 8 times ending in the on position
4) the door locks will cycle once
5) press any button on the remote , the door locks will cycle again once
6) turn ignition off and remove key
Now test the remote , it should now function as normal.