we hear all the time about people offering cheap keys on facebook selling pages and often get asked why we cant or wont price match these , the answer is simple if not long winded.
- some of the online services offering cheap car keys are offering cheap low quality chinese counterfeit keys , they may look like original keys , but many are poor quality pure conterfeits that are likely to fail within a short time . we as a legitimate business have to offer guarantees on the products we sell to you , guarantees that as a legitimate business we must honour , not everyone trading honour the guarantee they give if giving one at all . where we offer the option of aftermarket keys , we will only supply aftermarket keys that we have tested fully and that we can be confident we can offer a guarantee on.
- some services found online can offer cheap prices as not legitimate businesses and not registered with HMRC , these will normally operate cash in hand , with such traders you have no guarantees should the key fail , they can offer low prices as not paying any income tax , vat etc , a legitimate business must pay the taxes of the land and must invoice and guarantee what they sell to you .
- diagnostic equipment that is needed to program your car key is very expensive , many of these online services use and rely on cheap chinese counterfeit equipment rather than proven and tested expensive equipment , should the worst happen and your car be damaged then you have no come back on a business if they are not a legitimate business with proper insurance .
- proper liability insurance , professional indemnity insurance and insurance that covers you to work on a vehicle at the road side is expensive , many of these cheap cash in hand services that rely on chinese counterfeit keys and using chinese counterfeit equipment will have no insurance at all , so in the event your car is damaged you will have no recourse .
we have seen a number of cheap key suppliers set up over the years , they hit the social media selling pages , they then vanish , we then see them appear a little later with a different name and phone number , one we have seen with 5 different trading names and phone numbers over a 12 month period .
How do you ensure you only get a legitimate business that is fully insured , using safe tested and proven equipment and that guarantee their products and work ?
- a legitimate business will not ask or agree to a cash in hand job
- a legitimate business will always supply an invoice/reciept for what you have purchased , this invoice/reciept will include their trading name , trading address , and if vat registered a vat registration number , the job will be itemised , it will state the cost and its wise to ask for the guarantee period to be written on this as well .
- most legitimate businesses will have a valid landline number as well as a mobile number if applicable , but some legitimate small businesses do just list a mobile number
so the reason we cant price match the cash in hand online sellers is simple ;
- we will only sell you original keys with a full years guarantee or aftermarket keys that we trust and we will write the guarantee period for these on your invoice , some aftermarket keys have 3 months guarantee , some 6 months guarantee , but we make it crystal clear up front what the guarantee period is.
- we are fully insured to work on vehicles at the roadside , we also have full liability and professional indemnity insurance as well.
- as we are a legitimate business we will not take on cash in hand jobs , we pay our taxes and our vat in accordance with the law of this country.
- we have industry leading equipment that is at great expense kept fully up to date and never use counterfeit diagnostics on your vehicle .
- our technicians are highly skilled with many years of experience in their work
- we invoice every job , you will always be given an invoice with no exceptions
if a cheap job is what you require then that is your choice , but be aware of the risks and pitfalls of saving a small amount of money and what this may cost you long term , we wont compramise our standards or the quality of what we supply you to get it to you and we wont break the law by avoiding taxation , we will offer a guarantee on every job we do as you would expect from a legitimate buisiness , we never offer a different price for cash .