We had an enquiry from a customer today who had been told the key needed reprogramming following a non start after a flat battery .
having had some high quotes the lady was relieved to hear that she didnt need to call anyone out or pay anything at all , we gave her the solution by email.
if this happens to you , then you do not need an auto locksmith , the key just needs a resynch , simply ;
1) insert the key into the ignition
2) switch ignition to position 2 so dash lights all light up
3) leave the ignition on for 35 minutes
4) after 35 mins switch ignition off and remove key
5) now test key , all should be working again .
some vehicles require the ignition to be left on for 1 hour , so if in doubt leave it on for 60 mins and this should clear the system.
helpful money saving hints from www.nottinghamcarkeys.co.uk